++44 (0) 20 3586 4050

++44 (0) 75 8293 2830


79 College Road


Middlesex, HA1 1BD

United Kingdom

Legal services with a personal touch

Success comes with client satisfaction

Knowledge comes with experience...and Aschfords Law has it in abundance

UK Immigration

European Nationals

EEA nationals have free movement rights within the EEA area, including the United Kingdom, and can enter and remain in the United Kingdom according to the Immigration Regulations 2006. We are able to advise for EEA individuals who wish to join family members in the UK, bring non EEA citizens to the UK, work or settle in the UK.


If you are an EEA national and have a right to live the in the UK, your family may join you here. Your family is defined as:

  • • your spouse (husband or wife) or civil partner;
  • • any children or grandchildren of you, your spouse or your civil partner who are under 21 years of age or who are dependent on you; and
  • • the parents or grandparents of you, your spouse or your civil partner.

If you are a student, only your spouse or civil partner and dependent children have a right of residence. If you and your partner are not married or in a civil partnership, you must be able to show that you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship with each other.


If your family members are not EEA or Swiss nationals, they may need to apply for an EEA family permit before they can come to the UK. This permit is similar to a visa.

Please contact us today for further advice and assistance 020 3586 4050, 0758293 2830 or email info@aschfordslaw.com

Back to the top

Authorised and Regulated by Solicitors Regulation Authority

(SRA number:563906)

Registration number: 0C367797